How Can My Clients and I Stay Safe Online?
Cetera Financial Group’s Information Security team has provided the following important general reminders about data security:
- Ensure all passwords conform to a “strong password”
- Have a reliable malware or virus protection program in place on all your office & home computers and be sure it is updated regularly.
- Any sensitive information sent electronically should be sent securely, and you should not click on attachments from unknown senders.
- Always obtain verbal confirmation for disbursements. Requests for disbursement of funds sent by email are never sufficient and are contrary to Cetera firm policies.
- We recommend our clients encrypt your personal computers.
- During any discussions and reviews, we will remind you how easy it is for a hacker to get access to any email system, and to please pay close attention to the type of information you are sending via email.